Welcome back fellow ePoolSupply supporters! Today I want to go over some history about Pentair and what their purpose is. Pentair is driven to create a better world through smart, sustainable water solutions. They help the world sustainably move, improve, and enjoy life's most essential resource. From residential and commercial water solutions to industrial water management and everything in between, Pentair is focused on driving innovation that helps our planet and people thrive. Water is essential for life and the decisions Pentair makes are opportunities to positively impact people and our planet. Their vision is to be the world's most valued sustainable water solutions company for their employees, customers, and shareholders.
What they Do:
Their industrial applications provide filtration and flow solutions for business and industrial customers. Pentair provides solutions for water supply and disposal to ensure water is there when you need it and gone when you don’t. They also make sure the water quality is clean, pure, and refreshing. Pentair created solutions to filter, clean, and sanitize the pool and spa water to its purest state while their automation equipment makes it easy to control from anywhere.
In 1966, five men intent on manufacturing high-altitude balloons founded a company in suburban St. Paul, Minnesota. They came up with the name Pentair from the Greek “Penta” for the five founders and “air” for the products they planned to produce. Pentair ventured into a variety of different industries ranging from plastic canoe manufacturing to computer software, and leather footwear before acquiring a series of paper mills that served as the company's core for nearly 2 decades. Known for its willingness to venture into new industries and its ability to find operating efficiencies, the company transformed from a paper company to a tool company and ultimately a water company. Throughout the years, Pentair’s people, processes, and Win Right values have been at the core of its growth. Committed to its purpose of creating a better world for people and the planet. Pentair is harnessing its unique technology, talent, tools, and thinking to deliver all of its water solutions.
Below I have put a timeline from the very beginning to where they are now.
- 1966 - Pentair founded
- 1968 - Paper entry with the acquisition of Peavy Paper Mills
- 1981 - Tools entry with purchase of Porter-Cable brand of electric power tools
- 1988 - Enclosures entry with acquisitions of Hoffman Engineering Company
- 1994 - Enters European markets with the acquisition of Schroff
- 1998 Pentair foundation created
- 2004 - Exits tools business and dives into the water industry with the purchase of Wicor Industries
- 2007 - Pentair, the Pentair Foundation, and Water Mission partner on a unique program in Honduras, the inaugural project Safewater initiative to transform the way safe water is sustainably delivered to people in need in the developing world
- 2013 - Pentair receives EPA’s Energy Star Partner of the year award for its high-efficiency pool pumps
- 2017 - Expands capabilities in sustainable technologies with the acquisition of Union Engineering
- 2018 - The company separates water and electrical businesses into two industry-leading public companies, water business retains the Pentair name and ticker symbol PNR
- 2019 - Pentair expands residential water treatment offerings with acquisitions of Pelican Water Systems and Aquion
- 2021 - The company establishes its first social responsibility strategic targets to advance the positive impact of its business
- 2022 - Enhances its commercial water solutions with the acquisition of Manitowoc Ice
In conclusion, Pentair stands to create a better world for people and the planet through smart, sustainable water solutions. They help move, improve, and enjoy life's most essential resource, our water. They envision being the world's most valued water collations company for their employees, customers, and shareholders.
Check out our YouTube videos we made about Pentair's products:
Check out all the Pentair products we sell on our website:
Leave a comment