Programming the QuickClean on a Pentair SuperFlo VS
Welcome to another ePoolSchool from ePoolSupply! The purpose of this blog section is to help inform our customers on how to use their pool equipment smarter and safer. Today we will be discussing the Pentair SuperFlo VS Pump and the steps required to program the QuickClean feature and run the pump efficiently. We’ll walk you through step by step on how to put your Pentair SuperFlo Variable Speed Pool Pump into QuickClean mode. The SuperFlo is a very efficient unit and as such doesn't need to run as much, as hard, or as often as other pumps on the market. At the end of the day, your savings will come from the pump running at a lower speed for longer periods of time. Having a proper schedule to clean, maintain and enjoy the pool is key and increases the energy savings. Let's dive in!
The pump is equipped with a QuickClean feature, which can be engaged to temporarily run at higher or lower speeds ranging from 300 to 3450 RPMs. At the end of a QuickClean cycle, the pump will automatically return to the appropriate point in its programmed schedule.
*PLEASE NOTE*: Pressing and holding "QuickClean" for more that three seconds will cancel a QuickClean cycle. The pump will then return to the appropriate point in its programmed schedule.
- Press the "Start/Stop" button to stop the pump.
- If the green indicator light next to "Start/Stop" is not lit, the pump will not turn on whatsoever.
- Press the "QuickClean" button. The QuickClean LED and "Speed" parameter LED will blink while editing.
- Use the "+" and "-" buttons to adjust the QuickClean Speed in RPMs
- Once the desired speed is achieved, press the "QuickClean" button again.
- The "Duration" parameter LED will blink while editing.
- Use the "+" and "-" buttons to adjust the QuickClean duration in hours and minutes.
- Each button press will increase or decrease the duration in fifteen minute intervals.
- The duration can be set anywhere from fifteen minutes all the way up to twenty-four hours. This is beneficial for short times when the pool needs a quick spruce-up, and longer durations when the pool needs to run/filter.
- Once the desired duration is achieved, press the "QuickClean" button again to set the program.
As you can see, programming the QuickClean on the SuperFlo is extremely easy and intuitive. If you have any questions relating to the information found in this blog please don't hesitate to reach out to us directly. Our team of pool professionals would be happy to help you out!