Hello, there again fellow ePoolSupply supporters today I wanted to talk to you guys about how to edit and add your relays and edit the thermal mode on the Pentair Home app. I also want to talk to you guys a little bit about Pentairs brand new pump the IntelliFlo3 VSF. Keep on reading to learn a little bit about the IntelliFlo3 VSF and how to edit and add relays and edit the thermal mode on the Pentair Home app.
What is the IntelliFlo3 VSF?
Pentair has made the first pump to combine true set it and forget it flow technology paired with the smart connectivity of the Pentair app. This pump sets a new bar for performance with built-in sensorless flow control for effortless optimum flow and aids in keeping the pool crystal clear and inviting, no matter what it requires. Pentair's IntelliFlo3 VSF (011075 and 011076) can save you up to 90% on energy savings with a slower speed and regulated flow. They have an all-new motor, drive, and hydraulics that exceed all U.S Department of Energy (DOE) requirements. Please note that this pump is for local pickup only.
The following functionality is only available if the relay control board has been installed. The relay board includes two high-voltage terminals capable of controlling pool lights, salt chlorine generators, or other filtration system components. One terminal is intended for 5A max low-current connections and the other for 16A max high-current connections. Please refer to the numbers in the picture below.
- Select the device connected to a particular relay. For the relay, one option will be anything that has a 5 Amp maximum, for example, lights, salt cell, or others. The relay 2 option will be for anything that has a 16 Amp maximum, for example, lights, salt cell, booster pump, or others. Please note if a relay is designated “Booster Pump”, the pump will first ensure the booster pump has water by delaying power to the relay until the pump has run for two minutes. If the pump is already running a program then there will be no delay.
- You can enter a nickname you want your device to display on program setup screens.
- If you check the speed/flow dependent this will ensure the relay is only activated when the pump is running.
- The red button on the corner will let you add or remove a relay.
Thermal mode is intended to help protect the pump during freezing or near-freezing conditions. Please do not depend on this feature for freeze protection of the entire filtration system and pool. Certain situations could cause the pump to sense a different temperature than the actual air temperature. Your automation system air temperature sensor should be used to sense actual temperature. For example, if the pump is located indoors, the temperature of the room does not indicate the outdoor temperature. Please note the pump does not sense water temperature. Please refer to the numbers in the picture below.
- You can push this button to either enable or disable thermal mode protection.
- The temperature set point will let you set the temperature at which the thermal mode program will initiate.
- The speed/flow display determines whether it is displayed as a percentage of max speed or in GMP.
- The speed/flow setting will let you set the speed percentage or GPM the pump will run on when the thermal mode is triggered.
- When you are done editing everything, press the big blue save button on the bottom.