Hello, there again fellow ePoolSupply supporters today I wanted to talk to you guys about how to prime and limit the parameters on the Pentair Home app. I also want to talk to you guys a little bit about Pentairs brand new pump the IntelliFlo3 VSF. Keep on reading to learn a little bit about the IntelliFlo3 VSF and how to prime and limit the parameters on the Pentair Home app.
What is the IntelliFlo3 VSF?
Pentair has made the first pump to combine true set it and forget it flow technology paired with the smart connectivity of the Pentair app. This pump sets a new bar for performance with built-in sensorless flow control for effortless optimum flow and aids in keeping the pool crystal clear and inviting, no matter what it requires. Pentair's IntelliFlo3 VSF (011075 and 011076) can save you up to 90% on energy savings with a slower speed and regulated flow. They have an all-new motor, drive, and hydraulics that exceed all U.S Department of Energy (DOE) requirements. Please note that this pump is for local pickup only.
IntelliFlo3 VSF Priming Parameters
All priming settings can be edited and set from this screen. Refer the numbers to the picture below.
- When priming is enabled it will allow the pump to detect whether or not the system is properly primed for pump startup. If prime is not seen the pump will enter a priming cycle, based on the settings.
- Priming speed is to set the speed the pump will run during a priming cycle.
- Max priming duration will let you set the maximum amount of time the pump will attempt to prime. If the pump does not achieve prime during this time a priming error will display and the pump will stop.
- The priming range sets the sensitivity of pump prime detection. Lower settings require higher flow to detect a successful prime.
- The priming delay sets the time the pump remains at priming speed before transitioning to the run program.
- When loss of prime is enabled, the pump can detect low-flow or no-flow situations while running. If a loss of prime is detected the pump will pause and attempt to prime, based on the settings. If the priming is successful the pump will continue the programmed operation.
The limits parameters section will let you set and edit pump speed, flow, and pressure limits. These settings will ensure your pump does not operate outside of the programmed parameters. Refer the numbers to the picture below.
- The minimum and maximum speed will let you set the absolute speeds the pump will be allowed to run. The pump run speed will never run under or over these two settings. The minimum speed can be set between 1-45% and the maximum can be set between 65-100%.
- The minimum and maximum flow will let you set the absolute flow rate the pump will be allowed. Pump GPM will never fall under or exceed these two settings. The minimum flow can be set between 20-70 GPM and the maximum can be set between 80-160 GPM.
- To enable or disable the minimum and maximum flow rate limits for speed programs, all you have to do is tap on the button. The flow rates only apply to flow programs.
- The max pressure will let you set the absolute maximum system pressure the pump will be allowed to produce. The pump system pressure will never exceed this setting. The maximum pressure can be set between 15-40 PSI.
- The maximum pressure setting only applies to flow programs and that can be enabled or disabled in the pressure limit.