Fact Friday: How to Store Your Pool Chemicals
How to Store Your Pool Chemicals
The time has come again for another wonderful Fact Friday from Poolinfloor.com. Today we will be discussing the best methods for storing your pool chemicals safely and efficiently. We strive to provide our customers with as much knowledge as possible with their pool so they can maintain and purchase items wisely. Let's dive in!
The first step in storing your chemicals safely is reading and understanding the directions on each chemical in your arsenal. Each one has it's own chemical compound and expected shelf life which could be affected by many different factors. Moisture and humidity is one of the detrimental forces at play along with direct sunlight. Be sure to store the items with the lids and caps secured tightly in a well ventilated, cool, and dry area to prevent dangerous fumes and rapid deterioration. Pay close attention to expiration dates and replace chemicals as needed. DO NOT USE EXPIRED CHEMICALS!
- Read all labels & directions carefully
- Pay attention to expiration dates
- Keep chemicals in a cool, dry place
- Only add chemicals directly to water, do not premix
- Keep away from children & pets
- Store liquid chemicals above dry, powdered, or solid chemicals
- Store heavy liquids above your head
- Recycle old chemical containers
- Store chlorine and acid close to each other
- Stack containers too high
- Keep chemicals inside the house with other chemicals
- Transfer chemicals to inferior containers
To summarize, the chemicals required to keep your pool clean and sanitized are EXTREMELY DANGEROUS when improperly stored and managed. Follow the steps provided in this guide to store your pool chemicals safely and efficiently. Feel free to contact us directly with any questions regarding your swimming pool and our team will do our best to adequately assist you. That's all for this week's Fact Friday! From all of us here at Poolinfloor.com, have a wonderful weekend!
Leave a comment